Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Supplies, Skunks, and Slushies

We went downtown today to the 'teacher store.' Mostly it was for the elementary teachers, but it was amazing to learn how much we have to bring to our classrooms. I got a couple posters, a gradebook, and some little science gadgets, but the elementary ladies were left grabbing tons of English flashcards, word charts, calendars, name tags, paper, stamps, stickers... I think my students will be making a lot of posters this year.

The other night, while sitting outside the internet cafe, I felt something brush my foot. I looked down and saw the BIGGEST, freakin' huge, giganTOR skunk ever. He wuffled loudly at my feet for a few minutes, then bounded off toward the nearest trashcan. Guess I know how he got so big.

This is for you, mom: Candace and I stopped at the gas station to get cool drinks on our walk home. I got a mango-coconut slushie. She got something with kiwi and... pomagranate? Every gas station here has at least four exotic slushie flavors. Yay California, where it's always slushie weather.

1 comment:

  1. The slushie flavors sound amazing! Yum. Guess I'll settle for green apple. So the skunk didn't leave his/her perfume on you. Glad you didn't arrive in Africa smelling kinda funny.

    ReplyDelete